Call Us Today!
(706) 724-7982 or
Request a Quote:
How to Choose a Local Records Management Company in Augusta, GA
Don’t feel bad if choosing a local records management company in Augusta, Georgia has got you feeling indecisive. Throughout its prodigious history, the great state of Georgia has been known to change its collective mind.
Augusta Has a Special Distinction
If I were to ask you what Georgia’s state Capital is, hopefully you would instantly say, “Atlanta!” But would you believe that Atlanta is the 17th location of the state capital? Seventeenth! Several of the cities on that list have been repeated, and many of the moves happened in the first 43 years of Georgia’s statehood. Augusta itself was the capital of Georgia twice: from 1781 to 1782 and from 1785 until 1795.
While Augusta no longer holds the title of being Georgia’s capital city, it still has a lot to offer, including a friendly climate for small businesses. This means there is also a major need for records management services so those businesses can stay on top of their paperwork, not to mention the requirement to stay compliant with ever-changing data privacy laws.
How Do I Choose a Records Management Company in Augusta, Georgia?
Here are some questions to ask when seeking the right records management company for your business:
1. Does the shredding company offer full-service records management rather than just a storage location for your records? Consider these features when choosing:
• Are your records available 24/7/365?
• Does the company offer Scan On Demand?
• Does the company offer file indexing? This is the process of tagging documents to increase its findability.
• Is file delivery available?
2. What level of security and safety do they offer? It seems obvious, but not all records management companies offer the following:
• Surveillance security cameras.
• Security staff.
• Limited access to the records center, allowing only authorized individuals to enter the building and records storage area.
• Fire prevention systems and alarms.
• Is the building rodent, insect, and termite-free? Is the facility built to withstand natural disasters?
• Have their employees been background screened and vetted, and is their training kept current?
3. What kind of track record do they have with their customers?
• Check their customer testimonials and reviews.
• Ask the company for customer references, then talk to those references.
• Check the Better Business Bureau website to see if they are BBB Accredited and if they are A+ Rated.
Finding a reputable records management provider doesn’t have to be an impossible task. With a little bit of research, you’ll be able to find the perfect company to serve your Augusta-based business.
Records Management Center offers full-service records management services, including records storage, document scanning, media vaulting, and paper shredding. Check out our amazing reputation with other Augusta customers and then give us a call at 706-724-7982 or complete the form on this page to discuss your records management needs. Our team of experts is standing by to assist you!